[hipl-users] Re: new features and code improvements in hipl--main--2.6--patch-338

  • From: Miika Komu <miika.komu@xxxxxxx>
  • To: hipl-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2008 17:26:23 +0300

Tomi Hautakoski wrote:

Hi,

On Wed, 23 Jul 2008, Miika Komu wrote:

Hi all,

hipl--main--2.6--patch-338

    * Initial P2P NAT traversal support by Xiang Liu (experimental)

Is there any documentation about this feature? E.g what drafts it supports and what is the use case for this feature?

the use case is a generic one. We goal is to support end-to-end NAT traversal for all legacy applications. Both ends can be behind nat devices. The document is here:

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-hip-nat-traversal-04.txt

P.S. The E2E NAT traversal on the main branch does not work yet. We are working on to fix the issues.