[hipl-users] Re: kernel 2.6.27 was released yesterday

  • From: Robert Moskowitz <rgm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: hipl-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2008 08:07:07 -0500

Miika Komu wrote:
Robert Moskowitz wrote:

Hi Robert,

Miika Komu wrote:

Hi,

Robert Moskowitz wrote:

Hi,

Andrei Gurtov wrote:
Cool! I just tried running hipl over unpatched 2.6.27 on Ubuntu Hardy
and it worked
well (both ipv4 and ipv6).

How do we go about getting it into 2.6.18 for RHEL/Centos 5?

This would get it on a LOT of production systems.

we are not running anymore RHEL, but CentOS would be ok. Is CentOS following RHEL, i.e., do they have also a beta coming up?

Fedora 10 will be released in 14 days. It includes 2.6.27 kernel which means that no patching is required.

So I should stop downloading FC9 to see what it would do on the OQOs, and wait until after IETF....

http://fedoraproject.org/get-prerelease

I am going to try that today.

I have started the download of the CDs. It will take most of the day. And I suspect I will have to build a custom install CD to use remote VNC as I have to do with Centos for the OQOs (small screen size problems and Disk Druid in text mode will not allow working with LVMs). So this may well just be an exercise and then redoing the whole thing again after IETF.