[hipl-users] hipl on OpenWRT 8.09

  • From: Dongsu Park <dpark1978@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: hipl-users <hipl-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 22 Mar 2009 09:29:28 +0100

Hi,

has anyone tried to get hipl to work on a device such as ASUS WL500W
with OpenWRT kamikaze 8.09, kernel 2.6.28.8? As I have tried in recent
days, it doesn't work at all.

Although HIP I1, R1, I2, R2 packets are successfully exchanged,
following data packets are received not as ESP packets, but UDP packets
to the port 50500. When hipl receives a data packet, it complains with
an error "HIP message is of zero length. Dropping.",
libinet6/message.c:54, which means no packet data has been received.

On my OpenWRT router, necessary kernel modules are already loaded:
xfrm4_mode_beet, xfrm6_mode_beet, esp4, esp6, etc. I'm still trying to
get it tested with other ways, but has any of you experienced such a
case? Any kind of tips are also welcome.

Cheers,
Dongsu