[hipl-users] hipfw as a service in Centos/RHEL/FC

  • From: Robert Moskowitz <rgm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: hipl-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2008 11:32:32 -0500

Well pilgrims progress.

I have my first system built with rpms and hipd and hipfw running as deamons at boot time....

So there is a script at /etc/rc.d/init.d/hipfw that starts (or stops) the hipfw deamon.

It starts with following to 'pull in the sysconfig settings":

[ -f /etc/sysconfig/hipfw ] && . /etc/sysconfig/hipfw

I am ASSUMING that since this file does not exist, the default in /etc/hip will still be used.

Then there is:

OPTIONS="-bklp"

Since I want to allow every HIP packet so far, and this is userspace hipl, I should change this to:

OPTIONS="-Aibklp"

Is there anyway to control these in the hipfw config file so as not to change the script? Or some other way to control this?