[hipl-users] Re: Something broken with RVS?

  • From: Robert Moskowitz <rgm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: hipl-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 4 Mar 2009 15:46:48 -0500

Miika Komu wrote:
Robert Moskowitz wrote:

Hi,

I don't know if this happened back on build 16, or this latest build 17, but RVS does not seem to be working.

On the server, the /etc/hip/hipd_config has the line:

add service rvs

On the RVS client, I run

hipconf add server rvs oqo3.htt 7200

What does "dig oqo3.htt" tell you? Does it give an HIT or IP address?

The rvs registration uses opportunistic mode if you feed it an IP address (or hostname that resolves to an IP). I noticed yesterday that it does not accept a HIT. Multiple consecutive registrations fail. I'll fix these problems during this week.

Oh, the machine registering to RVS, oqo2, does NOT run hipdnsproxy, since it is the responder in all my testing, I have not run the proxy on it.

In the past after this, I see the 2 packet RVS exchange, and then a:

hipconf get ha all

Showed a key. Now it does not. Nothing comes back from this command. Additionally, when I do try to initiate a connection to the registered responder, the RVS server does nothing with the I1 from the initiator (as seen in the dumps on all three systems).

What does "strace -p `/sbin/pidof hipd`" tell you? What about the logs?