[hipl-users] Re: Reinstalling TLA

  • From: Miika Komu <miika.komu@xxxxxxx>
  • To: hipl-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, Robert Moskowitz <rgm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2008 17:45:34 +0300

Robert Moskowitz wrote:

Hi,

Miika Komu wrote:
Robert Moskowitz wrote:
Miika Komu wrote:
Robert Moskowitz wrote:
How do I delete everything HIPL userspace related so I can reinstall it?

cd hipl--userspace--2.6
sudo make uninstall

yum search hipl
yum remove <the packages found from the search>
this worked fine on the client system. But on the server, I cannot erase hipl-firewall. When I try yum erase. It fails:

service hipfw does not support chkconfig

Removed: hipl-firewall.i386 0:1.0.4.1
Complete!

And it is not removed....

If I try with rpm -e, I get the same error message.

So how do I remove this rpm?

Hi,

try the "force" options in firewall. Usually invoking "yum remove hipl-lib" is enough because it removes also the dependencies.

If the /etc/init.d/firewall script is broken, you could just remove it with an empty script. However, I don't think this is the problem.

I'll send you more answers as soon as I have time.
I did get it removed. I reported that a total install after removal still has problems with the client using the HIT instead of the IPv6 addr for src.

there was an error in the firewall init.d script (my bad, sorry). Please proceed as follows:

1. tla replay
2. cp test/packaging/rh-init.d-hipfw /etc/init.d/
3. yum remove hipl-firewall

As a consequence, the firewall will be removed even though it might complain. Tested and works on my CentOS system.