[hipl-users] Re: Re : Re: tcpdump hip

  • From: Samu Varjonen <samu.varjonen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: hipl-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 03 Jul 2008 00:24:34 +0300

Hi,

Sorry did not notice that first ESP has to be printed. Someone correct me if I make a mistake in the following.

Tcpdump filtering is done per packet basis. Without knowledge what has been seen and what comes next. With some scripting one can filter out extra ESPs from dump files but in live capture with tcpdump this is not possible (? not 100%).

Personally I might try to write a small c program using pcap to implement more complex filtering possibilities like print every proto with 139 and add R2s address to list of ESP packets to follow and when one is seen remove addr from list.

BR
SAMU

PS Feel free to correct this, its just a gut feeling so it might be little of :)

Jack Alphonse kirjoitti:
Hi,

Thanks but with this I can't show the first ESP packet. And as I said, I want to show just the first one.
So still the problem exists.