[hipl-users] Re: Main vs userspace patches

  • From: Miika Komu <miika.komu@xxxxxxx>
  • To: hipl-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2008 19:26:35 +0200

Robert Moskowitz wrote:

Hi,

I am running userspace on my Centos systems and main on the FC10 system.

I notice a regular flurry of patches on the userspace, but the main not.

Are the two kept level or what? Please help me out to understand the patching of the two trees (or are there more?).

I just synchronized the two branches. The idea is that "main" branch is kept as stable as possible. The "userspace" branch is unstable every now and then because I use the userspace branch to synchronize development branches. For this reason, I update the main branch only when there has not been any big problems or changes on the userspace branch.