[hipl-users] [Fwd: questions about ipsec-tools-0.4 and linux kernel 2.6]

  • From: Andrei Gurtov <gurtov@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: hipl-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2005 12:19:56 +0200

-------- Original Message --------
Subject:        questions about ipsec-tools-0.4 and linux kernel 2.6
Date:   Wed, 23 Feb 2005 20:07:42 +0100 (CET)
From:   Emilio Calicchio <ecalicchio@xxxxxxxx>
To:     infrahip-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I am a student of engineering in  first university of
Rome (âLa Sapienzaâ) and Iâm working to my degree
thesis whose title is:
âEnd-to-end real-time applications performance
measurements on VPN  network (both terrestrial  and
satellite),  blocks encryption algorithms vs stream
cipher ones.â

Since I have to use a Linux based test bed, I must
integrate the stream cipher algorithms (like Scream
and Seal cipher algorithm)in the Linux ipsec
implementation; at aim I wonder whether you can help
me by providing the following information:
Architectural description  of the ipsec Linux
implementation (both tools and kernel modules)
the files of kernel version 2.6 and ipsec-tools-0.4
that I should modify in order to add chiper stream
algorithm
if someone else is facing the same topic.

Thanks for your help
Best regards

CALICCHIO EMILIO

rogaway@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Nuovo Yahoo! Messenger: E' molto pià divertente: Audibles, Avatar, Webcam,
Giochi, Rubricaâ Scaricalo ora!
http://it.messenger.yahoo.it