[hipl-users] Re: [Fwd: hipl]

  • From: Miika Komu <miika@xxxxxx>
  • To: hipl-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 2 Dec 2005 14:22:39 +0200 (EET)

On Fri, 2 Dec 2005, Andrei Gurtov wrote:

> Dear Mr. Gurtov,
>
> My name is Simon, I am a student of mathematcs/computer science at
> University of Warmia and Mazury in Olsztyn/Poland. Now I study as a
> Socrates/Erassmus student at University in Goettingen/Germany. I and my
> friend participate ot course called Telematik Praktikum, and our topic is:
>  Access Control for HIP.
> We try to install InfraHIP kernel implementation, but during this process
> some errors occured. Few of them we solved, but we could not pass the one
> that I attached in a file. I configured and make a bzImage, but now making
> modules this error showed up. I do not know how to make another spet
> forward.
>
> If you could give us some suggestions we would be very glad.

Dear Simon,

please subscribe to the (currently low-volume) mailing list:

//www.freelists.org/list/hipl-users

we are currently in process of moving the HIP daemon completely from the
kernelspace to the userspace, so we cutting down the support for the older
kernel space implementation. We have an intermediate version working
already in the hipl--userspace--2.6 branch. It still requires the kernel
module to support BEET IPsec mode, but otherwise the daemon runs in the
userspace.

If you want the bleeding edge, you can try the code at the hipl--beet--2.6
branch. It runs entirely on the userspace, but ESP is not working yet
(working on it as we speak). It should be finished roughly in the end of
next week, and it finally merged to the hipl--main--2.6 branch when we get
the mobility extensions to work.

To access the branches, you need to download the tla or bazaar tools, and
follow the instructions in the "Arch" section in:

http://infrahip.hiit.fi/hipl/download.html

but just replace hipl--main--2.6 with hipl--beet--2.6 or
hipl--userspace--2.6. Please email us if you need further information.

--
Miika Komu              miika@xxxxxx          http://www.iki.fi/miika/