[hipl-users] Re: Crash and oops moving psysically

  • From: Miika Komu <miika@xxxxxx>
  • To: hipl-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 1 Sep 2005 00:42:17 +0300 (EEST)

On Wed, 31 Aug 2005, Väisänen Teemu wrote:

> Has someone did scenarios, where crash or oops moves psysically and
> it's ip-address changes?
>
> I am trying this kind of system:
>
> crash
> router1---router2
> oops
>
> =>
>
> router1---router2---crash
> oops
>
> OR
>
> crash
> router1---router2---oops
>
> Is there something special I should remember?
> Any help is welcome! Thank you.

Well, unless you some kind of route advertisement daemon etc. you need to
configure the IP addresses manually when doing the handovers. We have
mostly tested (manual) handovers within the same network withing one
interface or between two interfaces.

P.S. I'll be on a trip tomorrow and may not be able to reply tomorrow.

--
Miika Komu              miika@xxxxxx          http://www.iki.fi/miika/