[hipl-users] Re: Centos 5.3 released yesterday

  • From: Robert Moskowitz <rgm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: hipl-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 2 Apr 2009 09:32:11 -0400

Miika Komu wrote:
Robert Moskowitz wrote:

Hi,

what is the kernel version in new CentOS? The release notes don't mention it :/

Would you believe that a new kernel came out this morning???

When I upgraded a system yesterday (the one I use to run tla on) it got:

kernel-2.6.18-128.1.1.el5

I looked at my rsync on updates from this morning and see:

kernel-2.6.18-128.1.6.el5

I'd be in favor of dropping support for 5.2 and concentrating on the current version. The old binaries might not work in new CentOS.

Centos 5.3 was shipped yesterday.

So far I have updated one of my test systems and it rebooted after the update. Did not do much on it.

I have a whole upgrade patch, and of course this includes the 3 systems that I use for HIPL testing.

So with all sorts of new libraries, will I need a HIPL rpm for 5.3? I ASSuME so.

There are no plans for a Centos 5.4.

Centos 6.0 (RHEL 6.0) is scheduled to be built from Fedora 11, so it is estimated to ship yearend '10.