[hipl-dev] Re: [Merge] lp:~rene-hummen/hipl/midauth-hipd into lp:hipl

  • From: Christof Mroz <christof.mroz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mp+70736@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 08 Aug 2011 15:01:32 -0000

Looks good, aside from what Diego mentioned already (I'll approve as soon as
the conflict is resolved). One minor point:

+/**
+ * Convert the opaque value in the CHALLENGE_REQUEST to the seed value I of a
+ * HIP puzzle.
+ *
+ * The opaque value plays a dual role in a CHALLENGE_REQUEST:
+ * i)  it is a challenge that needs to be echoed back by the responder and
+ * ii) it is used to derive the seed value for a cryptographic puzzle. The
+ *     puzzle is defined in RFC5201.
+ *
+ * @param opaque            the nonce (challenge) in the CHALLENGE_REQUEST
+ * @param opaque_len        the length of the nonce
+ * @param puzzle_value      the puzzle value generated from the nonce
+ * @return zero on success, -1 in case of an error
+ */
+int hip_midauth_puzzle_seed(const uint8_t opaque[],
+                            const unsigned int opaque_len,
+                            uint8_t puzzle_value[PUZZLE_LENGTH])
+{
+    unsigned char sha_digest[SHA_DIGEST_LENGTH];
+

+    if (!puzzle_value) {
+        HIP_ERROR("Parameter puzzle_value is not allocated\n");
+        return -1;
+    }

This looks like it should never happen, i.e. an assertion would be more
appropriate. Same for the opaque parameter.
--
https://code.launchpad.net/~rene-hummen/hipl/midauth-hipd/+merge/70736
Your team HIPL core team is subscribed to branch lp:hipl.