[hipl-dev] Re: [Merge] lp:~martin-lp/hipl/hipfwconf into lp:hipl

  • From: David Martin <david.martin.mailbox@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mp+80830@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 02 Nov 2011 11:04:23 -0000

Hi,

On Wed, Nov 2, 2011 at 8:32 AM, Miika Komu <mkomu@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Review: Needs Fixing
>
> hip_send_recv_firewall_info() has been copy-pasted from
> hip_send_recv_daemon_info().

You are right, that has been some pretty evil piece of copy-paste. Fixed this
in revision 6121.

> The same goes for hip_send_recv_firewall_info() and hip_handle_user_msg().
> Code reuse?

What exactly do you mean?

> lib/core/conf.c:hipconf_usage is not updated accordingly. Same goes for
> hipd/init.c:HIPL_CONFIG_FILE_EX. Otherwise, nobody will know about your
> extensions.

I changed it where hipconf_usage was used but this may have not been clear
enough.
I've fixed it in revision 6122. Should be better now.

> Also, I would like to hear a test report with some existing hipconf options
> to understand that legacy support still works. For example, try the following:
>
> * hipconf add map HIT IP
> * hipconf get ha all
> * hipconf rst all
>
> <wait few secs>
>
> * hipconf nat none
> * hipconf add map HIT IP
> * hipconf get ha all
> * hipconf rst all
>
> <wait few secs>
>
> * hipconf nat plain-udp
> * hipconf add map HIT IP
> * hipconf get ha all
> * hipconf rst all
>
> <wait few secs>
>
> * hipconf nat port 1111
> * hipconf add map HIT IP
> * hipconf get ha all
> * hipconf rst all
>
> Does it do what expected?

Did not test that yet but I'll have a look into it and report back.
--
https://code.launchpad.net/~martin-lp/hipl/hipfwconf/+merge/80830
Your team HIPL core team is subscribed to branch lp:hipl.