[hipl-dev] Re: [Branch ~toxedvirus/hipl/hipfw-modules] Rev 5009: Add documentation for hip_cmd_options_parase, add documentation for missing paramter, fix typo in...

  • From: Tobias Heer <heer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: hipl-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 04 Nov 2010 12:21:06 +0100

Am 04.11.2010 um 12:12 schrieb Diego Biurrun:

> On Thu, Nov 04, 2010 at 11:58:47AM +0100, Andrius Bentkus wrote:

>>> *PLEASE* don't top-post.
>>
>> This is the default setting in google mail and there is no way to change it
>> so get used to it that I will occasionally top post when I'm doing quick
>> replies.
>
> Nothing prevents you from moving the cursor (or not using Google mail,
> there are plenty of alternatives).

I would be really happy if we could keep these time-wasting quarrels on
etiquette and style to a minimum. Since Andrius has started working here the
amount of such "don't tell me"-nonsense has exploded and it keeps consuming way
too much time.

We have some simple rules here, the most imortant: individuals should adapt to
the habits of the group (provided that these are good habits). In this case: We
don't top post. That is a good habit. That is the habit of the group. I expect
everyone to be willing and able to sacrifice that tiny little bit of laziness
and to do things properly. Otherwise we will be entangled in useless and
senseless discussions forever.

Tobias

--
Dipl.-Inform. Tobias Heer, Ph.D. Student
Chair of Communication and Distributed Systems - comsys