[highland-discuss] Re: Might be gun shots

  • From: "Ken Fernandez (public)" <kenfernandez940@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: highland-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 20 Jul 2015 22:46:16 -0400

Not sure what they were. I too thought they were gun shots, but didn’t hear
any sounds of racing police cars or anything else. It sounded like a block or
two away.

Just a bit of advice. If you think it’s gun shots DO NOT go looking out the
window.

On Jul 20, 2015, at 12:18 PM, patriciamalloy375
<patriciamalloy375@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I heard them also. Got up and looked out windows, but did not see anything.

Sent from my T-Mobile 4G LTE Device

From: Jasmine Bishop
Date:07/20/2015 10:19 (GMT-05:00)
To: highland-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Did anybody else hear what sounded like several gunshots a little before 1am
last night? I've been searching news sites and haven't found anything, just
wanted to make sure it wasn't in our complex and to let everyone know to be
extra careful. It seems like Atlanta as a whole is seeing a rise in violent
crime over the past few months. One of my friends and her boyfriend were
robbed and beaten at gunpoint in a very nice Buckhead neighborhood recently,
so it's happening everywhere.

Sent from my iPhone

On Jul 20, 2015, at 8:38 AM, patriciamalloy375 <patriciamalloy375@xxxxxxxxxxx
<mailto:patriciamalloy375@xxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

Hi Everyone,

I have to say all the emails have helped - although, most way too long.

I have checked the pool every weekend since the 4th. Just a bunch of nice
neighbors enjoying the pool.

There are so many more available 'guest parking spots'.

I believe we were told by the Board that we are getting a brand new trash
recepticle? I think.

I don't know anything about the mail boxes.

MAIN: I WILL NOT HAVE MY DUES PAYING FOR AN EXPENSIVE SURVEILLANCE CAMERA.

Two years ago I was in charge of putting together a Neighborhood Watch. I
was greatly helped by Riah Greathouse. He is on our Board abd an ADA in
Fulton Co. I dropped the ball due to a dying brother. About 10 Policemen
showed up to a September meeting. We had very little interest from the
neighbors. They would post 'Neighborhood Watch' signs for free. Also, when
they know neighbors are concerned, they will patrol more. Would someone
like to step up and be in charge of a Neighborhood Watch?

Thanks, Pat

Sent from my T-Mobile 4G LTE Device