[highland-discuss] Re: CDC rat warning

  • From: "Alex Agle" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "alex" for DMARC)
  • To: highland-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 27 May 2020 20:20:58 -0400

Yes, we have a pest control company addressing rats and other pests.  If
anyone sees rats, please contact Clara, who will then address the issue
with our pest control company.
Alex

---
Alex Agle
alex@xxxxxxxxx
C 404-229-3325
W 404-894-6165
On 2020-05-27 08:18 PM, Ibironke Apata wrote:

Do we have measures in the community to keep the rat count low? Like periodic
rat poison in the dump area?

On Tuesday, May 26, 2020, Stephen Perry <jsperry9@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Rats are also being attracted by the amount of trash not put into the recyling bins.
If the recycling bins are full, please put in the dumpster.
On Tue, May 26, 2020 at 9:38 AM reece greco <reece.greco1@xxxxxxxxx> wrote: Hello
The rats are being attracted by the waste being left under the bridge by the homeless population. We contacted GA311 and they came out and informed us that anything under and surrounding the bridge is GDOT jurisdiction. We have tried to contact GDOT and have not heard back. The foot traffic has increased as it has gotten warmer out and the trash is accumulating which is also a fire hazard. Does anyone have GDOT, APD or any other source that could help with getting the trash under the bridge picked up and possibilities deterring people from going under there?
Thank you

Sent from my iPhone
On May 26, 2020, at 9:32 AM, Ibironke Apata <iwapata@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi! I haven't seen rats lately but seeing the news article I was hoping we are taking steps to prevent a rat infestation (like we had a while back).
Thank you to the board for all you do to keep us safe. Below are links:
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/may/25/us-city-lockdowns-rat-aggression-lack-food-waste [1]
https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/community/rodents.html [2]
Ronke
--