Great day on the Hill yesterday

  • From: Tom Berry <tberry0916@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Harris Hill <hhsc1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 22 Jul 2012 10:22:07 -0400

Wow, what a day the Juniors had yesterday!  Their trip to Mifflin this weekend
was canceled due to weather but thanks to quick replanning by Janell, they were
able to take advantage of better weather here and held an amazing Junior flight
day on the Hill.

Juniors were able to fly continuously all day long while two tow planes were
kept busy the whole day.  We had one solo, multiple cross country flights in
the Duo and Discus and 2 hour+ flights in the 1-26.  Oh -and the club also
benefitted from the dual tow planes, flying 29 passenger rides during the day
as well!

Education is in the HHSC by-laws and this is a great example of one way we do
that as a club.  It takes a lot of effort, but it is also a lot of fun!  Thanks
go to Janell Sullivan for leadership and organization, Dave Welles and Monty
Sullivan who kept the tow planes in the air, Ed Funk, who just about wore out
his instruction credentials and the senior parents (Sandy Olson, Joanie
Whiting, Doug Harshbarger, Chris Marble, Lewis Olson, for logistics, support
and FOOD).  I'm sure I've missed thanking someone -my apologies in advance.

JPEG image

The day began with reassembly of the2-33 and 1-34, which had been tailored for
the trip to Mifflin.

JPEG image

Juniors spent the day either getting rides or giving them.

JPEG image

The day ended around the fire pit with live music by our own in house jam band.

-Tom