Fw: A blast from the past

  • From: Harris Hill <soarhhsc@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: HHSC Freelist <hhsc1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 9 Aug 2010 18:41:15 -0700 (PDT)

----- Forwarded Message ----
From: Charles <crlindley@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: secretary@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Mon, August 9, 2010 4:59:39 PM
Subject: A blast from the past

Hi,
Having just stumbled across your quite wonderful web site - I had to say hello.

I'm a 59 year old student pilot in Boston (single engine piston that is). I
recently completed my first few solo flights. I guess that's what made me think
of my last "first solo" or maybe my first "first solo". That was on Sep 10,
1964
- my fourteenth birthday, just below Harris Hill (which I had also visited in
training).
My instructor was Bernie Carris. That's how I found you - I Googled Bernie.
Lots of people wax poetic about their first solo. I don't actually remember
mine
- but I vividly recall my last landing before my first solo. Bernie got out of
the plane and said his back couldn't take any more of my landings - so I'd best
go on my own from now on...

So - having lost touch with the soaring community, it's great to be able to
write someone who might not be interested in my story - but at least knows
exactly what I'm talking about.

Warm regards,
Charles Lindley
Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T