[hhrug] SD cards

  • From: Bryan <bryanpage1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: hhrug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2013 19:18:23 GMT

Anybody,

I've gone and purchased one of Maplins Raspberry Pi kits, I also
purchased a 32GB card.  When you run the windows application to copy
the RiscOS image you end up with 2 partitions, one that Windows knows
about and one that RiscOS knows about.  Problem... the RiscOS
partition is around 2GB, leaving me with 27GB unclaimed.

I have followed one of the Q & A sites where they describe how to
'see' that missing space:

1. Create a fat32 partition (done with Windows application "EaseUs
Partition Master"), I have named this PART2
2. Put the card in the SD slot on the Pi and mount it with the
following - fat32fs:mount-fPART2:16{>null:}

Nothing happens, I can only see the SD card partition that the RiscOS
image has been copied to and nothing else.

Has anybody else managed to claim the remaining space?

Regards,

Bryan

--
Using an Iyonix Aria Cube running Risc OS 5.16 and Virtual RPC
AdjustSA running RO 6.20 on a PC.