[HFbeacons] Re: kc0jca/b Upgrade

  • From: masterdiver01 <masterdiver01@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "hfbeacons@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <hfbeacons@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2015 15:57:39 -0600

Hi Charles and All
Dittos on a little extra power. I too am now using the Tayloe Transmitter with
4 watts output. Drift free and right on my assigned frequency. Additionally, I
added the Ultra Pico Keyer from Hamgadgets.com all fitting within same housing.
Looks good too.
Happy DX all!
73, Denny WI5V

<charlesspitler@xxxxxxxxx> </div><div>Date:01/19/2015  3:30 PM  (GMT-06:00)
Upgrade </div><div>

Since we are on a slow downward slide out of Cycle 24, I decided to upgrade my
beacon to a Tayloe Simple Transmitter for a total of 4 watts.  The new
transmitter is more stable and does not require a heat sink.

You can find pictures on my website: http://kc0jca.lfox.co

Next on my list of upgrades this summer is a Solarcon A99 Antenna when funds
allow.

Thanks for all you guys do,

Charles kc0jca