[HFbeacons] Reports and Random Notes

  • From: "W. Keith Hibbert" <wkhibbert@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: hfbeacons@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, 10mprop@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2015 21:50:44 -0500

Hi, Keith here in at work yet again...

What I have is mostly "Reports and Random Notes"

I have been doing all the driving since 17 December, 2014. Anne (WB1GVL), my blushing bride since 1976, has been through cancer surgery and two cataract operations. It has reduced my shack time somewhat. I get down there when she's sleeping.

Anyway, I have been running a lot of weak signal digital, JT65/HF primarily. Worked 35 states and 19 countries and logged as many as I could find the notes for. I also have a few interesting beacon spots, mostly on scatter. The one that sticks in my mine is N3CJM in Ashley, PA. I copied it for 3 - 4 hours from 2200Z to after 0045Z Saturday/Sunday night, and then heard it again for 30 minutes Sunday night. The copy was via an unknown scatter mode, weak (419 - 529), but solid.

28.2285  N3CJM  Ashley, PA

Looking the beacon up, it is the only female-operated beacon I have found! Robin, Welcome aboard! How are your sons doing with their code?

I am fuzzy right now, Anne's surgery was at 0645, I am still plugging along on second shift after duty driver duty...

Hope to get to the rig tomorrow, but I will dig out the notes and post more.

73, Keith, WB2VUO/work
Amherst, NY