[HFbeacons] Re: New Beacon

  • From: Andre <mail@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: hfbeacons@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 27 Dec 2012 13:31:25 +0100

Brian,

glad to see a comment to my email!

When u can already hear 2 beacons fm W there must be a hole in the sponge.

KB9NK was unusual strong yesterday, on exactly the same frequency is WA3IIA,
and PA on most days starts the afternoon activity. But yesterdays KB9NK fm MI
was alone on frequency for abt an hour before PA made it through, vy strange
afternoon propagation.

Concerning selectivity: Do u use a S/W like Argo or similar for beacon
receiving? I have a 250 Hz crystal filter, but for 100 Hz differemce I use the
graphical computer help.
This assits often in difficult condx because u can see both signals regardless
of a high difference in signal strength. Argo is vy easy to use, and requires
no installation, just download one small file. It does not need any special
computer power or interface, just a soundcard.

Give it a chance, if not yet in use.

73 es HY, André