[HFbeacons] HTX-100 beacon repair tips

  • From: KJ4LAA <kj4laa@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <hfbeacons@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 4 Dec 2015 14:38:37 -0600

Has anybody had any success in repairing an HTX-100?
I'd like to use it as a backup beacon in the future.

It powers up and does receive, but I think the audio is a little low and
gravelly.
It has no RF power out high or low.
When keying CW (or SSB) it is stays in receive mode.
I found the service manual so that should be some help.
Although, I don't know how I'll sneak a new oscilloscope and a frequency
counter past the XYL.

I figuring some or most of the electrolytic caps since are probably well
past their sell by date.

Anyway, I was hoping someone would know if they knew common problems with
this model that might be a quick fix.

73,
Craig
KJ4LAA