[HFbeacons] Re: Grid Locator Maps

  • From: "W. Keith Hibbert" <wkhibbert@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: hfbeacons@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2011 14:11:24 -0400

One additional thing, you can enter any 4 or 6 digit grid. The way I worded this it sounds like it will only work for Europe, not the case and I did not want to confuse the issue.

When I put my home 6-digit grid in and go to the Hybrid view, on the highest resolution, I can see that the YF parked the Escort in front of the open garage door. Should I be worried? Have I invaded my privacy?

Nah!

73, Keith, WB2VUO
Amherst, NY: Grid FN02ox

On 06/29/2011 12:35, rob wrote:
/*Thanks Keith, That is a very good web site, that I did not know about.
Rob n8rt*/

On Tue, Jun 28, 2011 at 12:44 PM, W. Keith Hibbert
<wkhibbert@xxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:wkhibbert@xxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    Hi Rob, Keith here in Amherst, NY

    Go to this site:

    http://f6fvy.free.fr/__qthLocator/fullScreen.php
    <http://f6fvy.free.fr/qthLocator/fullScreen.php>

    and type in JO30we in the entry pane on the bottom of the map.  It
    will give you a Google map with the grid outlined anywhere in the world.

    If you first go to your QTH and click on your location, you can
    check distances from the map in KM or Miles.

    A really handy tool, for sure.

    73, Keith, WB2VUO

--
Rob N8RT/B 10 Meter Beacon 28.245MHz Grid EM74xx North Georgia

Web Site is: N8RT.COM <http://N8RT.COM>

"No Man is a Failure, who has Friends"

From: It's a Wonderful Life