[HFbeacons] Beacons today from Suffolk, UK

  • From: Steve Reed <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: hfbeacons@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 13 Dec 2019 21:25:49 +0000

Long time since I last posted to the list but having completed my station building ready for the ARRL 10m contest this weekend I thought I'd share my observations.

0705z
DL0IGI s2-4 MS

0830z
GW7HDS/B 419 MS/tropo

0930z
DK0TEN single MS burst

1025z
OY6BEC? 10 second MS burst of carrier but no ident - shows why beacons should have snappy messages!
SK0CT s2-s6 Es
5B4CY s2-s3 F2
5Z4B 319 F2
4X6TU s2 F2
OH2B s5 Es

1300z
DL0IGI 0-419 background MS with one burst to s5

1850z Es
SV2RSS s7
SV6DBG 419
SV2HNE/B 519-559
9A5ADI/B 539-559

1910z
IZ8RVA s8
SV beacons continue as above

1940z
IZ8RVA s7-s9+ strong but localised Es
SV6DBG s3

2030z
DL0IGI s3-s6 semi-continuous geminids MS

For those interested in 10m propagation, tonight (13th) is the peak of the Geminids meteor shower. You might like to listen for beacons via this mode - it's the best shower in the year for this. Try in late evening to after midnight tonight or tomorrow night - listen for a strong beacon in the region of 1000 km / 600 miles away for best results. Patience maybe needed! Or you could look outside for visual meteors, but a near full moon will make it hard to spot fainter trails.

Steve G0AEV
(@ M6T in the test, in JO02 square)