[HFbeacons] Beacons into FN14nj 0130Z

  • From: Bill Pooley <va3xcd@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: hfbeacons@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, 10mprop@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 7 Jun 2011 22:09:01 -0400

Hi everyone,
I have convinced myself of a couple of things tonight.
1. My wireless ISP either needs to fix this ongoing interference problem or come and take their equipment out
2. My OCF longwire does not hear anywhere near as good as my A99

Usually if I scan for beacons and dont hear anything, I dont post. I should probably do the opposite and post a nothing heard..... Tonight I did a scan with the OCF longwire, and only heard XE2NS to begin with. Scanning up through the beacon band with Rocky, that is all I heard/saw.
Then for a lark, I switched to the A99, and I couldnt believe my eyes.
Here they are in no particular order:

XE2NS
XE1RCS
N6DXX
NB7A
KH6AP (yes!)
K8NDB (Rocky was showing this one almost 1MHz low in freq on 28.249.12)
K6FRC/B2
WA6MHZ
WI6J
WA7LNW
K6FRC

Hawaii was a real pleasant surprise and the first I have heard of anything 'off continent' for a very long time.... Hopefully things continue in this vein, and from now on Ill be beacon scanning on the A99

73
Bill
VA3XCD