[HFbeacons] Beacons: Late Evening, Early Zulu Day

  • From: "W. Keith Hibbert" <wkhibbert@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: 10mprop@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, hfbeacons@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2011 22:35:21 -0400

Hi.  Keith here in Amherst, NY

A little late night activity showing up.

Heard between 0130Z and 0215Z on 16 June:

28.1710  XE1FAS - Really, Really weak
28.1788  XE2AT - 539 to 579
28.1830  XE1RCS - 539 to 559
28.2000  W6WX - 100 watt power level only
28.2250  K6FRC/B4 - 429, in & out

28.2255  W2DLL - Ground wave
28.2256  WB0LYV - In & Out, 429 at best
28.2500  K6FRC/B2 - 429 to 539
28.2790  WA6MHZ - 429 with QSB
28.2869  WI6J - Getting stronger, 429 to 549

28.3000  K6FRC/B - 579 to 599

It sounds like a combination of propagation, F2 into the Mexican states and then E-Skip here, or a bank shot double-hop E-Skip? It's a good question but I don't know for sure...

The delta loops will be up tomorrow and then I can switch between 3 antennas for comparisons. I wish that I could get the Big Loop up like VA3XCD is working with, it would take up my yard and two neighbors yards here though, but I can wish, hi!

73, Keith, WB2VUO
Amherst, NY: Grid FN02ox