[HFbeacons] Beacons June 11 2011 0045-0135Z

  • From: Bill Pooley <va3xcd@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: hfbeacons@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, 10mprop@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2011 21:59:21 -0400

Hi everyone,

I have been reading a lot about full wave loops, and have not really heard anything bad about them, so for the last little while I have been trying to get things in place to put up an 80M loop.
Today was that day.
I have to admit, that I am astounded at how well it works on 10M.
Upon starting the softrock, and opening Rocky, I did not see a whole lot below 190. However, at .193 I saw something that I thought would be a while for me to see.....VE4ARM. Just above that was VE7MTY, another one I thought would be a longshot. I immediately switched back to the A99, and both disappeared, as though they were never there to begin with. This is probably the longest beacon list I have ever had.....and so with that, I am quite proud to present the following, in no particular order:

XE1RCS
VE4ARM
VE7MTY
K9CW
W1DLO
KJ4QYB
N4PAL
KD5CKP
WA4SZE
WB0LYV
KB2SEO
N8RT
KI4LEV
N1ME
K6FRC/B2
N0AR
AA4N
W4TIY
K4FUM
KG4GVV
W0ERE
WJ50
ND4Z
K6FRC
KF4MS    These last two were only Hz apart but easily pulled out with Rocky

25 beacons positively identified. There were 11 others that I could not identify either from QSB, or they were just too weak. They were there though.

I currently have VA3XCD/B running temporarily on the 80M loop. It tuned up much easier than I expected. The other bonus is that the loop hardly suffers at all from interference from my wireless internet, however it does still kill the wireless on TX.

Ill do another scan in a couple of hours and see what happens.

73
Bill
VA3XCD