[HFbeacons] Beacons: 02 May M ixed

  • From: "W. Keith Hibbert" <wkhibbert@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: 10mprop@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, hfbeacons@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 03 May 2011 11:25:25 -0400

Hi, Keith here in Amherst, NY

In & out of the shack yesterday and also playing up on 6 meters. Here's the list between 2130Z and 2300Z on 02 May:

28.1710  XE1FAS
28.1830  XE1RCS
28.1960  LU4JJ
28.1970  LU5FB
28.1989  LU1FHH

28.2000  LU4AA
28.2255  W2DLL - Ground Wave
28.2634  PT1AAA

One 6 meter beacon on ground wave:

50.0590  VE3UBL - Fades in for 2 - ID's then back to the noise

Typical tropo signal. Hearing the beacon on a 5/2-wave doublet that's about 1 wave up (6 meters). The beacon is near the Pearson International Airport in the Greater Toronto area, this puts it about 65 miles from here in Grid FN03. I don't have the 6-digit locator or I could be more precise in the DX, hi!

So far this morning I am only hearing the ground wave signals, steady rain and clammy out there, 41F or 5C, ugh!

We will see what the day brings & post accordingly.

73, Keith, WB2VUO
Amherst, NY: Grid FN02ox