[HFbeacons] Beacons

  • From: Mick Lindley <mickupi@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: hfbeacons@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 14 Apr 2020 17:57:37 -0500

Today Tue April 14^th I made the drive from Gadsden AL to Huntsville to see my daughter. I flipped on my FT-857 mobile radio and found a few beacon signals. First was N4PAL with a strong 57. Next was WB9YBT at 28.262.5 and W4JPL on 28.263 These two were in at the same time at 55 but hard to copy as a third beacon lower in signal strength was nearby too. While driving I had 3 CW signals at once. I had to listen to these for a while to copy, but I just could not dig out the third one. The last two was N5DRG and N4NIA with strong signals. Maybe this is a good sign of things to come. Mick, KB4UPI

N4PAL/B 28.216 at 22:14 Florida

WB9YBT/B 28.262 at 22:18 Illinois

W4JPL/B 28.263 at 22:28 N Carolina

N5DRG/B 28.285 at 22:45 Texas