[HFbeacons] BEACONS: Typo and Report

  • From: "W. Keith Hibbert" <wkhibbert@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: 10mprop@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, hfbeacons@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2011 16:02:25 -0400

Hi, Keith here in Amherst, NY

First off, the new beacon heard, WD8AQS was on 28.2348 MHz, not 28.2430 MHz.

Secondly, my listening session was broken up by a call from work. Corporate told the local managers to find a 'Light Duty" job I can handle. It seems that the Workman's Comp Board did not like being told, "We don't do work like that..."

I start in the lab as a technician in the morning.

But on to more important stuff, the following beacons were heard between 1300Z and 1715Z on 13 July:

28.2123  KJ4QYB
28.2140  N4PAL
28.2154  KD5CKP
28.2255  W2DLL
28.2310  WA4FC

28.2348  WD8AQS
28.2438  KI4HOZ - Same freq, about 90 minutes later
28.2380  KB2SEO
28.2432  W5BUB
28.2450  N8RT

28.2578  WY5I
28.2590  AA4AN
28.2599  AD5KO
28.2615  N4VBV
28.2623  WF4HAM

28.2717  W4TIY
28.2816  W4HEW
28.2827  W0ERE
28.2869  W0ILO
28.2886  WJ5O

28.2930  ND4Z
28.2998  KF4MS

The band is noisy right now, nothing including the locals making it through. Later, maybe...

73, Keith, WB2VUO
Amherst, NY: Grid FN02ox