[HFbeacons] Re: [10Mprop] Beacons: BIG opening to WNY

  • From: "W. Keith Hibbert" <wkhibbert@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: 10mprop@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, hfbeacons@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2011 23:16:12 -0400

Hi, Keith here in Amherst, NY

Here's the list from this afternoon, I also have a list for late evening (a separate post)

Heard between 2100Z to 2300Z on 24 June:

28.2026  KA3BWP
28.2140  N4PAL
28.2155  KD5CKP
28.2179  WA1LAD
28.2229  W1DLO

28.2255  W2DLL
28.2256  WB0LYV
28.2309  WA4FC
28.2332  N2UHC
28.2340  K4DP

28.2405  W4RKC
28.2430  KB1QZY
28.2432  W5BUB
28.2450  N8RT
28.2463  KI4LEV

28.2478  N1ME
28.2511  WA4GEH
28.2542  N1FCU
28.2544  K5AHH
28.2546  KB4UPI

28.2599  AD5KO
28.2615  N4VBV
28.2630  N5YEY
28.2650  NC4SW
28.2654  KR4HO

28.2665  W5DJT
28.2688  AA1TT
28.2691  W3HH
28.2717  W4TIY
28.2754  KG4GVV

28.2760  K4FUM
28.2760  K4UKB
28.2768  KD4UTQ
28.2797  KE4IFI
28.2800  K5AB

28.2827  W0ERE
28.2835  KC9GNK
28.2840  K2XG
28.2868  WA8YWO
28.2930  ND4Z

28.2960  W3APL
28.2998  KF4MS

The opening started with WB0LYV coming thru and covering W2DLL. I thne tuned around and copied MS/OK/KS followed by MD/VA/SC/FL and then MA/RI/NH/ME. Then the band settled into the multi-directional soup I copied. Not a bad haul for 2 hours, now if similar conditions will cooperate tomorrw the Field Day stations would appreciate it, hi!

Speaking of Field Day, our group operation in the nature sanctuary at the church will not happen, 4 ops had to bow out so I will either be here as a 1E emergency-powered home station or will go down by Lake Erie and run 1A, 1B or 1C depending on available gear, etc...

Look for me on 10 & 6 meters first and then 40 Meters.

I have another log to compile for this evening, I will post it before shutting down. The band is still open (0315Z) so I am going to see what else I can log first.

73, Keith, WB2VUO
Amherst, NY: Grid FN02ox