[hellogcc] hellogcc submission: Performance Testing for GDB

  • From: Yao Qi <qiyaoltc@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: hellogcc <hellogcc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2014 14:19:32 +0800

Hi,
I'd like to give a talk about GDB Performance Testing.  I talked about
it in July on GNU Cauldron, but it should be OK to talk again on hellogcc.

Title: Performance Testing for GDB

Abstract:
GDB development process has no standard mechanism to show the
performance of GDB snapshot or release is improved or worsened.
Performance regressions do show up periodically.

We recently add a new performance testing framework in GDB. In
this session, we introduce this performance testing framework and
show how do we use it to track GDB performance during development.
Then, we show writing performance test cases on top of this framework
and performance problems exposed by these cases.

Finally, we discuss about adding more test cases and fixing other
performance problems in the future.