Miscellaneous

  • From: "Cole Mitchell" <cole_mitchell_hc_list@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: heavenly-c@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 23 Sep 2000 23:40:30 CDT

(1) I went to http://tbhl.theonering.net/ tonight and there's a notice about the possibility of an uncut version of HC being released soon. The fellow who runs the site says that it looks promising based on his correspondence with the New Zealand Film Commission. However, I've e-mailed the NZFC recently inquiring about the freighting costs involved with screening the uncut version at my university's theater, and they didn't mention anything about a new home release. So I dunno.

(2) From scouring the Napster servers via Audiognome, I was able to acquire the entire Braindead (Dead/Alive) soundtrack in mp3 form. I think this is even rarer than HC's soundtrack! So anyone who wants these files can e-mail me and I'll get them to you.

(3) I just finished watching the HC laserdisc I purchased from eBay and it was well worth it. If anyone cares, the side 1 / side 2 break occurs at the cut from an upset Honora's scrubbing in the kitchen (following the "cheap little tart" dispute) to Pauline's arriving at John's apartment.

(4) This is primarily meant for Mr. Guerin, but anyone with relevant info may respond and receive my gratitude: What exactly _are_ the feelings of Jackson, Walsh, etc. towards the cuts they had to make to appease Miramax? I've heard many times that they were pleased with the effect on pacing and focus on Pauline that resulted from the cuts. But I've also heard that they were severely pissed off and that "Forgotten Silver" features bitter inside jokes about forced edits for just this reason. What gives?

Regards,
Cole Mitchell