Home Based Online Marketing News The Big Affiliate Lie

  • From: Roger Schoenwald <rwspub@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: hbomn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 17 May 2002 09:42:24 -0700 (PDT)

HOME BASED ONLINE MARKETING NEWS
"Helping You To Be Successful Online"

A e-zine publication of
RWS Publishing
Onlinesuccessstrategies.com
May 18, 2002
Hello Subscribers,

Welcome to another issue packed with information
you can use today to build your business.

Send us your 2 line ad for our FREE subscriber 2 lind
ad section to editor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
subject=2lineads

Roger Schoenwald

In Today's Issue

1. The Big Affiliate Lie
2. Online Marketing Product Profile
3. E-Commerce Resources
4. Subscribers 2 Line Ads
Sponsor 1
FREE GUIDE for Our Subscribers:
"How to Make a Living from the Internet"

Six figures a year from the basement? Is that really possible?
This step-by-step web guide shows you exactly how I do it and
how you can too. (It's easier than you might think.)

http://www.make-a-living-online.com/?d08048

1. This Weeks Success Article

. "The Big Affiliate Lie"
By Terry Dean

Top affiliate marketing experts tell you that only 1
out of 100 affiliates ever really do anything with
the business. Yet, they tell everyone how much money
they can make as an affiliate! Do you see a problem
here?

Having a 1% chance of success is not the kind of
business I want to start. That's even worse than the
average retail business...No thanks. It's a good
thing you don't have to accept those odds.

Those odds are for the average "Joe." Let me tell you
how the average Joe markets the affiliate program...
including their thought process.

They see an affiliate program paying 50% commission
and their mind jumps to attention. They can make $50
off every $100 sale...They don't have to write any
ads...and all they have to do is follow the
step-by-step system already laid out for them.

In other words, they don't even have to think either!
They jump at the chance and sign up for Free.

They get the instructions emailed to them from the
affiliate manager. The instructions tell them to take
this 5 line ad and place it in ezines. So they say,
"OK, I can afford $40 for an ad." They place the ad
and one sale occurs. Good. They at least made a
$10 profit.

They say, "Hmmm, maybe that ezine wasn't that good
of one." So they place two more ads for $75 and $100.
One of these ads does well and makes 2 sales. They
earned a $25 profit (paying $75 for the ad). The second
ad only made one sale. They lost $50 on this one (since
they paid $100 for the ad). They have now made 4 sales,
and have lost a total $15.

They give up on this affiliate program in frustration.
They join another affiliate program hoping this one
will be answer. Maybe that last one just didn't sell
good enough. This new affiliate program tells you to
place "Pay-Per-Click" search engine advertising.

He says, "Yes, that's the answer. They had me placing
the wrong advertising!"

Average "Joe" now spends all day coming up with
keywords. He finds out that there aren't many 1 penny
opportunities out there anymore...and that you have
to spend 10 cents, 20 cents, or more for most of the
keywords. So he ends up paying $100 the first month
for clickthroughs and makes 3 sales.

This affiliate program pays the same commission so
this adds up to $50 in profit. The same amount of
clickthroughs occur the next month, but only 2 sales
occur. So, average Joe just breaks even this month.

So average Joe gives up on this affiliate program and
joins a new one. This time average "Joe" says, "I
know the secret now. I have to only use Free
advertising." So Joe spends 10 hours writing his
first article and sends it out to ezines.

One of them runs the article and 1 sale occurs. So
average "Joe" earns $50. The only problem is that
this breaks down to only $5 an hour once you count
the amount of time spent to produce this sale.
Average "Joe" could have done a lot better working
overtime at their job!

So average "Joe" says forget it to the whole idea...

Let's take a look at what happened. Sometimes money
would be made. Other times money was lost. Do you
notice who makes a profit no matter what happens...
and never has to risk a penny? That's right. The
affiliate manager makes money no matter what!

The average affiliate may earn or lose money. The
affiliate manager only pays them when they generate
a profit. So the affiliate manager wins on the deal
whether the advertising system they write up for
their affiliates works well or not.

The deck is stacked against the average affiliate.
They only had a 1% chance of playing this game and
winning.

Let's change the odds.

The big myth of online affiliate programs is that
someone will "hand" you a good income. All you have
to do is sign up for Free, and it's like money in the
bank. Most people realize this, but the affiliate
program managers make it sound so easy sometimes.

The key to becoming a successful affiliate is to
stack the deck in your favor. This will shock some
people, but I'll say it anyway.

The best way to succeed in an affiliate program is
NOT to lead people to the product site. The best way
isn't to build a mini-site that leads into the
product site either. Both of those methods promote
the affiliate manager...and leave you out of the
profit loop.

The best way to make money in affiliate programs is
to build an opt-in email list and then promote one
affiliate product after another to your list. The
purpose of your web site is to build a list. If
you're doing anything else with it, then you're
missing out.

Focus on building your list...and then selling
the products you affiliate with. Then, you become
the one in control. It's your list. If you want to
promote Suzy's product, then you do it. If Suzy
doesn't pay you well enough, then you can promote
someone else's product. You still OWN the list.

You can change income streams,
but you own the RIVER.
-------------------------------------
This article is a short excert of "The Lazy Person's
Quick and Easy Guide to Affiliate Success" which lays
out a complete step-by-step system for affiliate
profits from creating the list, to picking the programs,
to driving the sales...available only inside of:
http://www.onlinesuccessstrategies.com/netbreakthroughs.htm

Sponsor 2

2. Marketing Product Profile

If you've been burned, betrayed, and back-stabbed by
multi-level marketing, MLM, then please read this letter.
It could be the most important one that has ever landed in
your Inbox.

MULTI-LEVEL MARKETING IS A HUGE MISTAKE FOR
MOST PEOPLE

MLM has failed to deliver on its promises for the past 50
years.  The pursuit of the "MLM Dream" has cost hundreds
of thousands of people their friends, their fortunes and their
sacred honor.  The fact is that MLM is fatally flawed,
meaning that it CANNOT work for most people.

The companies and the few who earn the big money in
MLM are NOT going to tell you the real story.  FINALLY,
there is someone who has the courage to cut through the
hype and lies and tell the TRUTH about MLM.

HERE'S GOOD NEWS

There IS an alternative to MLM that WORKS, and works
BIG!  If you haven't yet abandoned your dreams, then you
need to see this.  Earning the kind of income you've
dreamed about is easier than you think!

With your permission, I'd like to send you a brief letter that
will tell you WHY MLM doesn't work for most people and
will then introduce you to something so new and refreshing
that you'll wonder why you haven't heard of this before.

I promise that there will be NO unwanted follow up, NO
sales pitch, no one will call you, and your email address
will only be used to send you the information.  Period.

To receive this free, life-changing information, send to
emm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx,
type "Send Info" in the Subject box
It's FREE.
3.This Weeks E-Commerce Resources

Experts call it "The Perfect Affiliate System", the ULTIMATE
affiliate earning resource.  Discover "The Affiliate
MastersCourse."
It's totally FREE!  NOW, updated and available ine-Book
format...http://freetrial.sitesell.com/rwspub.html

Want Bank Account Bursting Income?
NOBODY gives you the scoop on more six-figure-earning
home business entrepreneurs than Six-Figure Income Magazine
http://www.quickinfo247.com/2698063/SFIM

We're exciting, ever changing, updated, and on the cutting-edge
of what works in the ever changing world of online marketing! -
In other words, we're kicking some tail!
The Simple Truth is Still the Simple Truth and you may want to
take another look :-)
http://mail-mania.com/vip/rs03205/index.html
4.  Subscribers 2 Line Ads
(Support our readers.  Send your 2 line ad
to editor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx subject=2 line ads)

Join new 55% Commission Affiliate Program Now
http://www.ebookresaleright.com/affiliate.htm?online

FREE Newsletter shows you how to become a $100,000 earner:
http://www.quickinfo247.com/2698063/FREE

The Ultimate Guide to Wealth on the Web
http://mail-mania.com/vip/rs03205/index.html

ABC news calls it a miracle powder! 20 years of R&D
http://www.mylegacyforlife.net/onlinesuccess

The Simple Truth About Marketing Online
http://mail-mania.com/vip/rs03205/index.html

FREE Weekly Marketing Article for You