[Haywire Robotics] SCHEDULE UPDATE

  • From: Sue Stahlecker <suestahl@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haywire-robotics@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2011 10:44:35 -0700

THANK YOU JCPENNEYS!!!

Thank you Mr. Fellman from JCPENNEYS  for the invaluable opportunity to
showcase our robots to the public at the mall and most importantly for the
time and space to allow our drivers to practice!  THAT WAS HUGE!
We really appreciate it.

It was awesome to see the team members who showed up interact with the
public (especially the younger kids with the vex bots) and share some of our
enthusiasm for *FIRST* and Haywire / LiveWire Robotics.  We were proud of
all of you.   We generated quite a bit of interest in the summer camp and
just had a whole lot of fun. It was an incredibly long day for everyone --
we finally got everything back to the shop and closed up at around 8:30PM.
Can you say T-I-R-E-D???  :0)

The drivers/manipulator operators/ human players were chosen for each team.
The names of the robots were voted on and chosen.  If you would like who
know who these people are and what the robots are named . . . .they will be
announced Monday morning (tomorrow) at the shop.

****Make sure you check out the ISJ today (Sunday).  We have a great article
on the FRONT page AND Amanda gave a rockin' interview on the ISJ website.
Great job Amanda, Kinzie, and Dirk for talking to the press.

We will be meeting at the shop tomorrow *Monday at 8:00 AM* and working
until ?????  There are still a few  bugs to be worked out on both robots and
a bunch of last minute details to take care of.  The robots have to be
"shipped" on Tuesday -- actually they get bagged and tagged and we do not
get to see them or work on them again until we get to the competition. In
other words -- they have to be done and ready to go, as we don't have a lot
of time -- if any -- to work on them Tuesday.

What that means is, we need all hands on deck. Come prepared to work and be
productive.
Remember you will have time after Tuesday to sleep (a little).... until the
competition.  Sleep is overrated anyway!

The schedule for the rest of the week will be announced tomorrow.