[HUG] Re: The Hasselblad Letters No. 1

  • From: "LOTL" <lightontheland@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <hasselblad@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 26 Aug 2007 09:13:39 -0500

Amen and amen!

Bill K.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Stein" <rstein@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <hasselblad@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, August 26, 2007 7:14 AM
Subject: [HUG] The Hasselblad Letters No. 1

Dear Victor,

Thank you.

Thank you for devoting your working life to the development of the
camera system that I use. Your influence may wane as times change and the
company that you formed changes with them....but I will still remember and
benefit from your thoughts.

I realise that it was not all you - I have a large number of the
FORUM and HASSELBLAD magazines that your company put out in the
1960's-70's-80's-90's and on and I have noted your designers, production and
service staff, and manufacturing workers and I recognise that if they had
not been precise, dedicated, and innovative, the complex mechanisms wouldn't
work.

I must say I am particularly grateful that you did your best to make
all the bits of the system interchangeable. In a modern world that sells
something and then neither supports nor extends it, your product philosophy was wonderful. I count 5 different viewfinders in my HB box and they all fit
everything. My 5 types of HB body all interchange with each other and is I
manage to lose the use of one I am still in the game with the others.

It is a sheer pleasure to see the negatives that come out of the
Hasselblads - clean, sharp, well-spaced, and if I use my brain,
well-exposed. I must use my brain and simple experience to think of the
exposure, but once I bend to it the consistency of the result is really
legendary. No wonder NASA flew them.

If you can still influence the factory - whoever owns it and has it
in hand - whisper into their ears on a dark night not to abandon our
faithful 500 series. We love and trust it and want to get long and good
value out of it.

Uncle Dick

Checked by AVG Free Edition.
5:00 PM