[HUG] BUGSY GEDLEK

  • From: Tom Just Olsen <tjols@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <hasselblad@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2007 16:48:30 +0200 (MEST)

Ansel Adams and other artists aside for a while here, gentlemen.  Let's look at
a true craftsman that bring his excellence in photography so close to
perfection that it is art; Bugsy Gedlek.

I have no idea who the guy is, - or where he lives, but I would guess that a
guy with a name like that has older relatives who had their real names bungled
up through Ellis Island.

He photographs boats, or yachts, really.  I regularly read Boat International -
link here - http://www.boatinternational.com/ - where Bugsy Gedlek's fabulous
interior photpgraphy of luxurious yachts makes the magazine a 'read' just out
of the photography aspect of it.

These interiors he shoots are complicated matters with curving roofs and tight
spaces.  Not to mention light conditions, fabric colours and wood paneling,
glas & brass items, sliverware, cutlery - and pritty nasty flock of customers
that want everything to look 'perfect'.  His magazine shots are the same as
used by the yards building these yachts, or brokers selling them etc.

Help!

Not only that; I am pritty sure - I could bet my left arm - that he is using a
Biogon 38 mm (Hasselblad SWC or Alpa?) in quite a few shots.  I am also sure
that he is still shooting analogue.  It is very easy to see what photographers
in BI that is not.  (Gott'ya, Jocelyn Passeron; all the CA in your external
pictures of Lady Chrisita reveals a pritty amateur like digital!)  - Not so in
any of Bugsy Gedlek's photos.

If any of you know of or about this guy Bugsy send him my regards.

Tom of Oslo