[HUG] 2000 negatives problems

  • From: "Vincent Frazzetta" <vfrazz@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <hasselblad@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 19 Aug 2007 13:35:10 -0400

Thanks for the responses...Jim: yes it does happen with any subject, and no, I
can't post samples--I'm just not there with gear and knowledge.  However, I did
cruise David Odess's FAQ site www.david-odess.com/faq.hml , and I see reference
to changing the nylon stop along with light seals in backs.  Some of what Mr.
Odess describes seems to apply to stops.  I just finished a roll of color film
(in Maine USA, that's easy to do), and I should have it back from the lab on
Tuesday.  At that point, if the problem persists I will send both of the backs,
the body, and the film to Hasselblad Service in New Jersey (it means giving up
a few meals again, but what's more important eating or photography?).  David
Odess, in case any USA HUG'ers aren't aware, is purported to be a premier
repair man, but he doesn't do focal plane cameras (hence Hasselblad service in
NJ).