[hashcash] migrating to Hashcash: vs X-Hashcash: ?

  • From: Adam Back <adam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: hashcash <hashcash@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2005 05:16:24 -0500

Simon Josefsson wrote:
> > Also made "Hashcash:" be accepted as well as "X-Hashcash:" suggestion
> > by Simon Josefsson <jas@xxxxxxxxxxx>.  This way if/when the X- is
> > dropped from hashcash headers we will not have a backwards
> > compatibility problem.  (Well not after version 1.15).
>
> Great!
>
> I'll probably make Gnus generate Hashcash: in a few months.

I think we should try to migrate SpamAssassin (the main consumer of
stamps) to accepting Hashcash also before we change the minting to
produce Hashcash?  (I've Cc'd Justin the SpamAssassin hashcash module
author).

Justin: what is the likely life-time of the current deployed SA 3.0.x?
How long until you could change to accept Hashcash in addition to
X-Hashcash, and how long until it would be relatively safe to start
minting with Hashcash header (without having most of deployed SA
ignore the header)?

Adam

ps. www.hashcash.org is down still :-( I think I screwed up in going
straight to registrar transfer now it says 10 days!  If I had made it
an external domain first then requested registrar transfer it would
have had content up during that time once external domain setup had
happened which is more like 24-48hrs i think.

In the mean time look at:

        http://www.cypherspace.org/hashcash.org/