[hashcash] hashcash.sh -- hashcash -c in shell script!

  • From: Adam Back <adam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: hashcash <hashcash@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 11 Apr 2004 04:14:29 -0400

Well I thought I'd have a go seeing how easy it would be verify a
hashcash token in sh script (using sha1sum/sha1 for the SHA1 function).

But then I got a bit carried away and now it can fully check a
hashcash stamp with same options and syntax as the C command line
tool.

It can't mint tokens, but actually I think that would also be pretty
easy, though perhaps slightly slower than C code.

        http://www.hashcash.org/libs/ -> sh script

I'm not an experienced sh coder, so if anyone has constructive
criticisms, or suggested changes, etc send them this way.

Adam