[hashcash] hashcash 0.31 released

  • From: Adam Back <adam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: hashcash <hashcash@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 1 Apr 2004 20:05:17 -0500

You might want to install as has some nice improvements, including
wildcards to allow specifying addresses like *@foo.com, fred+*@bar.com,
foo@*.bar.com etc if you have any catchall or extension addresses.

Also can specify multiple resources on one call, eg
-r adam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx -r adam@xxxxxxxxxxxx -r ABack@xxxxxxxx etc

There is now also POSIX regular expression support for specifying
addresses so even fancier things like (adam|test|blah)\+.*@foo.com are
possible.

Also there is flock(2) file locking and there is no longer need for a
temporary file.

Email addresses are also now case-insensitive by default (a bit of an
oversight before as domains are defined case-insensitive and most mail
systems seem to have case-insensitive user names also).

New RPMs and tar balls are up.  Windows I did not try to compile this
on yet.

        http://www.hashcash.org/

As previously mentioned this is planned to be the last version 0
format (or last plus minor bug fixes, documentation errors).  With
that little todo list out of the way, we can start to think about v1
format.

Adam