[hashcash] Re: Hashcash in Exim

  • From: "Eric S. Johansson" <esj@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: hashcash@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 08 Sep 2007 09:10:17 -0400

Paul Schmidt wrote:
Is there a way to generate Hashcash in Exim in the background? I want to do this for a single domain on our dedicated server, not all domains.

sadly there may be none. you need an mta that lets you distinguish between inbound and outbound traffic. I've faked it with postfix by using content or stamping filters on different port/address mappings (2 ip addresses:25 or 1 ip and ports 25/587. when I last looked at exim, it only had a simple filter infrastructure suitable for inbound filtering only. has this changed?

--- eric

--
Speech-recognition in use.  It makes mistakes, I correct some.