[hashcash] Re: Fastmint update 20040812

  • From: Adam Back <adam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: hashcash@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2004 05:32:08 -0400

Hi

I applied that patch, turned on fastmint in the Makefile and put it
in:

http://www.hashcash.org/source/current/hashcash-1.03/hashcash-1.03pr1.tgz

I notice the fastest version on P4 seems to have decided it doesn't
work on this hardware:

    Rate  Name (* machine default)

  1536929 ANSI Compact 1-pipe *
  1553107 ANSI Standard 1-pipe
  1229543 ANSI Ultra-Compact 1-pipe
  1229543 ANSI Compact 2-pipe
  1569629 ANSI Standard 2-pipe
   ---    PowerPC Altivec Standard 1x4-pipe  (Not available on this machine)
   ---    PowerPC Altivec Compact 2x4-pipe  (Not available on this machine)
   ---    PowerPC Altivec Standard 2x4-pipe  (Not available on this machine)
   ---    AMD64/x86 MMX Compact 1x2-pipe  (Not available on this machine)
   ---    AMD64/x86 MMX Standard 1x2-pipe  (Not available on this machine)

Also I get errors like this if you try to mint:

./hashcash -mb10 foo
time estimate: 0 seconds (632 micro-seconds)
ERROR: requested 10 bits, reported 10 bits, got 0 bits using ANSI Standard
1-pipe minter: "1:10:040812:foo::9kwf9ZjG3cSKN+63:000000Ll"

Adam