[haikuware-tya] TYA on www.haiku-os.org

  • From: "Jonas Sundström" <jonas@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Thank You Award" <haikuware-tya@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 16 Aug 2008 01:33:09 +0200 CEST

First post? ;)

It would be great if some arrangement could be
made to have Thank You Awards posted also on the
Haiku website, either as regular news items or in
the form of a box on the right-hand side, or both.
News items get archived. That´s good.

A box could look something like this:

***********************
October 2008
Thank You Award winner

Michael Lotz
(optional photo or avatar)

[linked to award page, with award
motivation and mini interview on Haikuware]
***********************

I think it would be nice having a photo. Only if
the winner is okay with it, of course. Seeing the
face of a real human being for once, making the
connection between the "real person", his/her
work, the award and our appreciation + limelight.

Maybe Jorge could help.

Not sure how long the box variant should be shown.
Three days, two weeks, a month, always?

Perhaps the box could switch to a poll, close to
each next TYA. I think that would solve participation
nicely.

/Jonas.