[openbeos] Re: window.h enum query

  • From: DarkWyrm <darkwyrm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 01 Sep 2006 11:58:45 -0400

Chris Peel wrote:

Hello list

Can anyone explain what (if any) the logic is behind the numeric values of
the window_type and window_look enums in window.h please?  Also, exactly
what is window_look used for as it seems to relate to window_type but I
can't understand how it's used.  I've pasted the enums below for reference.

Thanks in advance

Chris

enum window_type {
B_UNTYPED_WINDOW = 0, B_TITLED_WINDOW = 1, B_MODAL_WINDOW = 3, B_DOCUMENT_WINDOW = 11,
B_BORDERED_WINDOW = 20, B_FLOATING_WINDOW = 21
}

enum window_look {
B_BORDERED_WINDOW_LOOK = 20, B_NO_BORDER_WINDOW_LOOK = 19, B_TITLED_WINDOW_LOOK = 1, B_DOCUMENT_WINDOW_LOOK = 11,
B_MODAL_WINDOW_LOOK = 3, B_FLOATING_WINDOW_LOOK = 7
}
window_type and window_feel are used to specify what a window will look and act like. The window_type enum is a faster way of accessing commonly-used look and feel combinations . I don't remember all the what all the combinations mean offhand, but they can be easily found in the BWindow documentation in the Be Book. HTH

--DarkWyrm