[openbeos] Re: virtualdrive !?

  • From: ingo_weinhold@xxxxxx
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2002 17:07:58 +0100 (MET)

> En réponse à Marcus Overhagen <ml@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:
>
> > François Revol wrote:
> >
> > > Can someone tell me what this:
> > /boot/home/config/add-ons/kernel/drivers/bin/virtualdrive
> > > does in MY home tree ?
> > It was installed by jam when you compiled it. Small error in the jamfile
> > that Ingo wrote most likely.
> Well it would be nice if at least it was removed when the tests are over
so
> on next reboot it's not loaded.

Sorry for that. I actually meant it to be installed only when the
install_virtualdrive target is built explicitly. I overlooked, that the File
rule makes
the target depend on the target `files' which in turn depends on `all'.

If someone could please uncomment the statements in the braces in
`src/tests/kits/storage/virtualdrive/Jamfile'. I can check anything in, since
for some
reasons I don't know, the ssh 1.2.26 client (R5, BONE-less) ceased to work
for me. :-( It simply times out when connect()ing with port 22 of the server.
If anyone has an idea, what the problems is and how it can be solved, I would
appreciate to be told.

BTW, there are also some libraries that are installed in `~/config/libs'
(per symlink or copied there), namely libfreetype.so, libcppunit.so and
libopenbeos.so. This is mainly for convenience -- otherwise one had to add
`.../distro/.../lib' to the LIBRARY_PATH.

CU, Ingo