[haiku] Re: update QA mailing list identifier (obos-qa => haiku-qa)

  • From: Ryan Leavengood <leavengood@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 22 Jul 2012 21:19:33 -0400

On Mon, Jul 23, 2012 at 8:09 PM, Dennis Catt <dcatt.haiku@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Not sure who to contact, but I currently noticed that the QA mailing
> list is still using obos-qa as the identifier and it would be great if
> it got changed to haiku-qa.  Is there anyone here that can make that
> change?

Apparently freelists generally doesn't like renaming lists, so I would
recommend opening a new mailing list with that name, making yourself
an admin and then adding maybe myself and Matt Madia as other admins.
If any other core Haiku developers are open to being admins please
post here.

The main purpose of having several admins is ensuring we keep admin
access to the list in case the person who first opened has no time to
maintain it or otherwise leaves the project. Generally being an admin
is fairly little work, especially on lightly used lists, which I
imagine the QA list will be (as compared to haiku, haiku-commits or
haiku-development.)

--
Regards,
Ryan