[openbeos] Re: trigonometric functions

  • From: "Andrew Bachmann" <andrewbachmann@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 18 May 2005 14:43:38 -0700 PDT

"Andrew Bachmann" <andrewbachmann@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I have added some math tests to: src/tests/kernel/libroot/posix/math
> They currently just print a table of the values from our cos/sin
> functions and the values from libbe.  The results are the same as
> Stephan reported. (these functions don't work properly)
>
> Andrew

Math functions are all fixed now.  The problem was caused by
inheriting math.h's definition of PI2 (which is pi/2) instead of
using trig.h's own definition of PI2 (which is 2*pi).  trig.h has
been changed to use its own definition now, a change which
affects only sincos.c and tan.c, since trig.h is a libroot private
header.

Good luck Stephan. :-)

Andrew